ECW (Episcopal Church Women)
In 1872, women of the church formed the National Women's Auxiliary as a way to take part in church life. The national organization connected provincial, diocesan and parish branches, enabling women to apply their energy and imagination to church life in a range of ways and bringing our leadership skills into the church. In 1958 the Auxiliary was renamed the Episcopal Church Women (ECW) to recognize the fact that women are an integral part of the church's life.
The ECW is over 100 years old- has a long, strong tradition of offering spiritual, financial and physical support for a host of parish, regional and diocesan programs.